About an hour later they all file in, along with Rufus, our lab. Only Rufus kept nudging me like he wanted out. So I let him out only to turn around and have him coming back in to nudge me. What's going on?
I knew that he wasn't hungry. (My husband does NOT give our dog table food. And I, being the good wife that I am, only give in once in a while.) He had been playing with the kids so his attention meter was at least above half. So I tried to pet him a bit but the nudging was non-stop.
Maybe he is thirsty. He has this huge trough-like thing that we fill with water. I knew there it had been filled with water that morning, ...but maybe my kids had been playing in it.
Maybe....
Poor Rufus.
4 comments:
I'm surprised he didn't drink it…our dog was notorious for drinking from puddles in the not-so-best-of-conditions. Perhaps he's a water snob dog…
Or an attention hound.
Well, picky dog, water is water! My dog drinks from the toilet, even if he has water in his bowl!
HAHAHAHAHA! I think the funniest part is that the dog was totally bugged by it! LOVE IT!
Poor doggie! My dog never wakes me but she did this morning, very gently (so it took her a while to get me up). Turns out the Bear had left the gate to the kitchen shut and she was DYING of thirst. Poor little creature.
Post a Comment