...dyeing Easter eggs.
1. 5 kids x 6 eggs each= too many hard boiled eggs.
2. I can never boil a full batch of eggs without at least one shell breaking in the water.
3. Who knew dyeing eggs could be so complex. Now you can dye them normal, tie dye, metallic, glittery, with crayons, with tape, stickers. Just..wow.
4. No amount of newspaper will protect your wood table from that bowl of dye that is guaranteed to spill. No worries. It comes off after about a month of scrubbing.
5. What do you get when you dip the egg in every color? A really ugly egg that is called "so pretty" because it was made by your child.
6. Why do we hide these eggs? No-one gets excited about finding the boiled eggs...I mean, really.
7. Once they are boiled, dyed, hidden, and found...there is no way that shell is coming off the egg without a fight.
8. It is the ONLY time when it's okay that the egg whites are now blue, green, purple, and metallic brown (thanks to that "pretty egg").
9. Deviled eggs, potato salad, and salad topping: There's only so much you can do with a hard boiled egg. What in the heck do I do with the other 20 eggs? No, really. What??
10. Boiled eggs make for a smelly weekend. You know what I'm talking about. I have 4 boys. and with gas coming out both ends....Let's just say Easter has its own distinct smell.
Happy Easter to you all!!
1 comment:
Ella is the only one eating the eggs, but she will eat every single one. ;-)
Post a Comment