I have given up.
Given up candy that is.
"For the rest of your life?", you may ask.
Heck no! Are you kidding me! I would never do something that idiotic. That would suck the life out of life!
Just until Halloween.
Why?
To lose a little weight? To save a little money? Mostly because I want to prove to myself that I will not die without candy.
April- October. Those are the chosen months of torture.
But I didn't just choose these months willy-nilly. Nope. They were strategically chosen.
How?
You see, April-Oct are the "no-good-candy-anyway" months.
There are no Coconut Cream Dove eggs in May. You don't see Cherry Cordial Hershey's Kisses in June. No-one randomly makes and gives you a plate of homemade candy in July. No mint flavored M&Ms in August nor will there be any heart shaped candy boxes knocking on your door in September.
October-April contain the holidays Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve, Hubs' birthday, Valentines Day and Easter, not to mention six out of the seven birthdays in our family fall between the months of October and April.
So, will the Candy-Fast of 2017 be hard? Heck yes!
But it could be worse.
1 comment:
You can do it!!!!! I gave up sugar and carbs for a whole day last week. Yup, I was pretty proud of myself.
Post a Comment