When I was young, my mom would make this stuff called "Tang Tea."
It wasn't tea. I'm a good Mormon girl. My mom would never give me tea.....Although...her mom did giver her a hot toddy when she got cramps...but that's another story for another time.
Tang Tea.
It was an interesting concoction of lemonade, Tang, cinnamon, and some other stuff. She would make a big powder mixture and all we had to do was warm up water (on the stove.. microwaves weren't invented back then.) (Correction....they were invented, but we couldn't afford one.) and add the mix.
It was glorious.
A few years ago, I found this mixture on the shelf in my store. Different name, same delicious drink.
I love this stuff. I stock up on it every Fall and use it clear into March. When we lived in New Mexico I had to order it on Amazon, but now that we live about 45 minutes from the manufacturer, I can find it in most stores.
It's a little taste of home for me.
You're welcome!!

3 comments:
Hmmmmmm citrus and spice. I'll have to try it. Our Walmart sells Stephens but I'm not sure if they have this one.
Sounds yummy. Thanks for the tip!
=)
i remember this! my mom used to make it!!
Post a Comment