
Let me introduce you to the plates of my life.
We have got china plates which consists of children, hubby, and God.
We have Corell ware ; things like jobs, bills, education, grocery shopping, house work, etc.
We have our plastic ware: sports, book club, scouts, etc
And last we have paper plates: tv, Wii, internet surfing, napping, etc.
As life goes, we balance these plates on sticks and we spin them. And then we go from one plate to the next making sure they aren't going to fall.
Once we feel like we have mastered the spinning of the plates we have, then we add more plates...plates of all varieties. The more plates we add on, the more running around we are doing. Spinning, spinning, always spinning.
My problem as of late is finding priority. I have all these plates, and I fear that I am letting my precious china plates wobble until they are about to fall while the plastic and paper plates are about to take flight.
Priority, such an important thing for a mom, don't you think? We have to make sure that our loved ones and our spirituality (best china) do not fall because if they do, they are hard to fix and the consequences could be devastating. But some of the other things like work and buying food, and education are all important things too.
The key is spending enough time with your best china, making sure it gets the attention that it needs so that it will be able to spin longer. There are days when there is that one china plate that wants my complete attention, for whatever reason. But if my time is spent spinning plastic and paper plates, that precious china plate will never be noticed. Only cursed for not spinning right.
So, slowly but surely, the paper plates are making their way to the trash, or at least into the cupboard to be taken out and spun for a night, then quickly returned to its place.
I'm a mommy now. I've got some serious spinning to do with my precious, irreplaceable china!
Balance and priority.
1 comment:
Such wisdom in this post. And I like the analogy, too!
=)
Post a Comment