Leather.
Such a wonderful invention.
I once tried to create my own leather. With my own skin.
It was the summer between my junior and senior year of high school. There was an all day 4-on-4 grass volleyball tournament that my friends and I were in.
So, being the naturally white girl that I am, I decided that it would be a great opportunity to get tan. To be in the sun for 8 hours. With the least amount of sunscreen. Applied only once. In the morning. Which I rinsed off with water. Because I was hot.
The end result?
The worst sunburn in the history of Stefanie Burns.
If I touched it, I felt sick. If I put anything cold on it, I felt sick. Rubbing Aloe Vera on it, I felt sick. Standing, sitting, eating. Sick sick!! sick!
Touching it hurt. Putting clothes over it hurt. Moving hurt. I had to sleep on the couch because rolling over hurt. And I really didn't want to hurt anymore.
The burn was deep. We are talking layers and layers of skin.
We are talking leather.
I do not recommend making leather out of your own skin.
1 comment:
I've done it more than once. Not good.
"/
Post a Comment