Monday, March 14, 2016

A Book: The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag

"The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag" by Alan Brady

Goodreads summary:
"In 1950s English bucolic Bishop's Lacy, narrator Flavia de Luce 11, has a passion for chemistry and a genius for solving murders. Puppeteer Rupert Porson has his strings sizzled, his charming helper Nialla suspect. Astride trusty bicycle Gladys, she investigates Gibbet Wood madwoman, vicar, German pilot, and poisoned chocolates."
My Review:
I bought the audiobook for this and the first book and the reader was fantastic. I like this book better than the first one. Flavia de Luce is such a lovable character. Her obsession with chemistry and poison and her scheming against her pesky sisters simply endears her to any reader. And that is just in the background. I would recommend this series to anyone. Very enjoyable.

2 comments:

martha brown said...

I LOVE this series! I can't wait for the next book to come out :)

Susan Anderson said...

I'll have to check these out.

=)