There's no place like home, wouldn't you agree?
I haven't been home in almost two years. Well, kinda.
You see, my parents are on a mission for my church and have been gone since October 2011. So though I have been to the house that I lived in for 18+ years of my life, it hasn't felt like home.
Don't get me wrong. I love my sister, who is currently living in my parents' house. She is a great hostess, makes good food, and has adorable children. But she isn't Mom and Dad.
I am homesick....for them.
So, you can imagince how excited I am to see them. September can't get here soon enough.
Because without Mom, home is nothing like home.
PS Do you think my kids will feel the same way about my home when they grow up???
4 comments:
2 years??? Wow.
I know what you mean, though. When I would go into my parents' house when they were on vacation, it felt very strange!
Wow.
I can't even imagine how much you are missing them right now!
I suspect that YOU are HOME to your children.
Wherever you are is home.
Hugs and Happy Monday.
Yes, I think they will feel the same way. Exactly the same.
And I'm excited for you to see your mom in September.
=)
My Mom will have moved twice since the home that I lived and grew up in. I feel like home is where I am now, although when I want really good food, home is wherever my Mom is. :)
So, yeah, I get it.
Post a Comment