I hate people who drive the speed limit.
Okay, that's not true. If it were, I would hate my own father, and who hates their own father? Not me. So I guess I hate it when people drive the actual speed limit. It's just plain annoying.
I also hate people who speed.
Also not entirely true. If that were true than I would my own mother, and who hates their own mother? Again, not me. So I guess I hate it when people speed. It's just plain dangerous.
I guess what I am saying is that I love people who only break the law a little. People like me.
Hubs is this kind of person. That's why I married him. Really. It's the only reason I married him.
Okay, that's not entirely true. He also smells really nice most the time.
To me, when I see a posted speed limit of 60mph, it tells me that I can go 65mph without getting pulled over. It's a safe speed. But anyone who passes me is going way to fast and deserves to be pulled over. But if you're going my speed, we're friends.
Hubs married me for my double standard.
4 comments:
Ah, the double standard rule. :) I also drive within the 5mph rule. Except in school zones... because someone has to slow the other traffic down.
It depends where I am what I do. But whatever I do, it is the right thing to do, and everyone else should be doing it. :-D
I always do 5 above the speed limit too...unless I see a cop, then I slow down. :)
I find myself telling the driver off in front of me regularly... then I feel stupid when the kids point out that they're doing the speed limit. You know what I think it is? I think the limits are set wrong. That must be it.
Post a Comment