Monday, October 1, 2012

5 passions

If you are passionate about something, you would spend every waking hour with it. You would surround yourself with that thing.  One look around your house and people would know...that's your passion.

One look around my house and you would assume that my passions were:

Laundry... because you know I have a ton of it. And I practically spend every waking hour with it. I have piles and piles and piles. Practically in every room of my house. Dirty. Clean. Folded. Unfolded. We have laundry.

or

Soccer balls. For whatever reason I seem to have an abnormal amount of soccer balls. If I had to count I would guess I have 13+ soccer balls. Between me coaching two soccer teams last year and one this year...then add to it that to get the great deal on soccer shoes and shin guards, you have to get a ball...times 2 boys times 2 years. Then I bought them the wrong sized balls but couldn't return them because we had already used them. Don't ask where the other ones came from....yes there are others....because I don't know where they came from.

or

Smiths plastic bags. Remember, I have 7 people in my family. We eat a lot of food. So it is no shock that I often visit the grocery store. And since I want to destroy the Earth I make sure to get as many plastic bags as I can get each time I visit. Which is a lot. Too many. They're taking over my pantry. I do throw them away because, again, Earth hater.
or

Toys. This week it's Lego's. Other days it's Galactic Heroes. Blocks. Cars. I've tried to get rid of them....but they are like rabbits...they multiply in the box. I am not even kidding. Okay, yes I am. But wouldn't that be insane. Can you imagine? If toys could multiply and replenish the Earth? Yeah, now take that image and write Stef's House on it. Too many toys!!

or

Hair. I know. That's gross, right? Not gross because it sounds like I am confessing to being a hairy...not that there's anything wrong with that...err...ummm. But let's be clear: I am not hairy. But I shed. More than I knew. Plus a have a daughter with long hair. She inherited my sheddy-ness. I also have a lab....not a place where I do experiments on my children kind of lab, although...hmmm... I am talking about the barking, fetching, wet nose, mark my bedroom kind of lab. The dog kind. And he sheds more than all of us. Boy, do we have hair.

Are these my passions? Not in the least. But if you walked into my house...

....you might disagree. 

What's your passion??

2 comments:

Juli said...

I'm with you on the hair thing.

And the balls, but ours are basketballs, also because Tony coached last year.

We also have a monopoly on paper. Paper on the table. On the counter. In backpacks. Waiting to be filed. On the coffee table. In the office. On the dresser.

I can't imagine what that paper would look like with 3 more kids...

OH! And fundraisers... seems we have tons of those lying around.

Unknown said...

The hair thing here, too!

Softballs, dust, cars(the little ones)

School stuff, I home school!