My mom spanked the neighbors.
Not randomly. It's not like she would walk outside, grab the first child she saw and turn them over her knee. Well, at least I never saw her do it.
But she did spank a few deserving neighbors.
The first time was when Chuck and I decided to lock ourselves in the bathroom and throw wet pieces of toilet paper onto the ceiling. They stuck. How cool was that?! Only, if you are the mom who has to clean it, it is far from cool.
Once mom found out she spanked Chuck. Oh, I am sure that she spanked me too, but I don't remember that part. I just remember being scared for him.
Then there was the time that Chuck, yes the same one, and I decided to play barber and cut my sister's hair. Oh, and I cut Chuck's hair. Mom walked in just as I was getting into the hot seat. Chuck was the barber. Yup. Spank.
Then there was Sarah. We had some pretty awesome pink jungle wallpaper in our room. Well, Sara and my sister decided it was time to remove the stuff. So remove it they did. At least patches of it. When mom found out...you guessed it. Spank-a-rama.
Then there was the time when that high school kid thought it would be funny to pinch her rump while she was helping another student. Her first reaction was, SMACK! right across the face.
Yeah, yeah. I know. That totally wouldn't fly now-a-days. Times are different. I would never lay a finger on another persons child. Not because they didn't deserve it....but because I love my children and family and home and have zero desire to have them shipped off to strangers and me living in a cell. With bars. With a Sugar Daddy.
I don't spank my neighbors.
You should know that my mom wasn't a beater. She didn't spank with anything but her hand. And to be honest I don't remember it ever hurting. In fact, I really don't remember the spanks.
Except the time she spanked me when I was in middle school when I made my sister cry because she had something of mine. I was 14 years old, bending over my mom's knee so that she could spank me. Humiliation. That's what I remember.
So if you live by my mom, run....far, far away.
(ps. how do you feel about the no color post? I'm trying to decide if the color is worth the time....any opinions?)
5 comments:
Aha I knew something was off, the color words were missing. Once I knew they didn't link to anything I got used to them being there it is what made you YOU.. My aunt drove a bus up until the year she passed from cancer. She had a paddle on the bus every day of it, they knew she would use it, the parents knew she would use it. Would she beat you, absolutely not but you learned respect on her bus period. Which nowadays many are not getting at home.
I like reading your words whether they're colored or not!
But I don't like getting spanked. Now or ever.
And my Mom was a wooden spoon spanker.
Eh. I was used to the color. A little hard to read sometimes with the lime green but not bothersome at all.
My mother was a spanker. She had a wooden paddle with holes in it (stuck to your skin in summer) and it had our names engraved on it. We got hit with everything: switches, belts, shoes, extension cords, books (whatever was near. And yes, there were times when it was clearly a beating, not a spanking). I have probably swatted my kids' hands a few times but other than that? I simply can't bring myself to outright hit them. When I found out my now 16 yr old niece was still being spanked at 15, I was floored. I don't think I was negatively impacted by the spankings/beatings and they aren't the reason why I don't spank my own children. And yes, my mother spanked the neighbors too. If you were outside or inside her house doing wrong, you were going to pay for it the same way her own children would. I remember one specific time my mother snatched us all up and spanked us in turn, outside in the yard. One boy - Reginald - cried so hard his mom came running outside. He ran to his mother and said my mom spanked him. We were perhpas 8. My mother told his mother what we'd all done (I can't remember now, of course; I think we'd put mud in our hair and then sat in it). His mother asked if she was finished, then sent him right back over to her and went back in the house.
Yeah, it was no big deal to spank a kid back then, even one that wasn't your own. The very few times we have resorted to spanking around here, my boys acted like we BEAT them so although sometimes I REALLY want to spank, I don't. But I got my fair share of it...the switch, the wooden paddle, the flyswatter! LOL. But I never felt like I was abused. It was just the way things were.
I'd say the color is fun but not necessary as your words are colorful in and of themselves!
As for spanking, my mom had a wooden spoon. All she had to do was rattle the drawer and we were hopping to do whatever she wanted. (We were suckers.)
=)
Post a Comment