We decided to get an alarm system.
Not because we live in an area that has a high burglary problem. And it's not because we have seen weird people lurking around our neighborhood. I think mostly we got it because we had $50/month that we didn't want so why not throw it at an alarm company....cough cough..ahem. Yeah. That it.
Truth be told, we got the system because Hubs really wanted it. Why? "Because you can control it from your phone! You can control the temperature of you house when you aren't there and you can look at pictures when you aren't there and you can arm and disarm it from your phone." That's really why we got it. Not because we wanted to protect our children and our property.
Do we use it? Hello! nope I can't answer that on this blog. never I mean that would just be inviting someone to come and take our stuff. not even once. So do we use it? I'm gonna say yes. liar
There are aspects of the system that I do like. I like the verbal alerts we get when a door or window is opened. I know if someone is coming in or going out. I do like that. I like that I can control my thermostat, because for the first month of ownership we didn't. Have control. Of a lot of things but specifically the temperature of my house.
Want to know what I don't like? In the corner of my family room, way up high is a camera. This camera takes pictures. Around the same time every morning. A 180 degree picture of the three downstairs rooms. You would think that it would be used to take pictures in case an intruder entered the house.
Nope.
I think it's collecting evidence. Evidence that I am a slob. Evidence that my house is rarely clean before 11am.
I know this because every afternoon the picture gets sent to my email. Sometimes there is still breakfast dishes on the table. Other times laundry is half folded half not on the couch. Often there are toys and books left out on the floor. And there have been times when all three of them happen at the same time.
See what I mean, evidence.
No more pretending that my house is clean. No more pretending that my children put away their dishes every morning. No more acting as if my laundry never sits in baskets unfolded.
I've been found out.
7 comments:
Yep, you're busted.
It sounds kinda cool, though. Seriously.
=)
Haha! Chris worked for Devcon this summer in Cali. It IS a cool security system! Now, it's time for us to install one in our house so I can be reminded of my messiness too. ;o)
That is hilarious! Maybe you could make it into a game. I have to clean downstairs by the time the picture is taken......
Sadly, I don't even have the energy to hide the evidence anymore. My sister wanted an alarm system for the longest time. Why? Her husband used to work a lot of nights and she was on 2.5 acres waaaay back in the woods. The answer was always no.
Until he built his man cave in the basement.
The alarm went in the next day.
This made me laugh!
For $50 a month the darn alarm should clean your house and make dinner too! :) If only!
We have Devcon too because hubs wanted it. I call it Big Brother!!
Post a Comment