And most recently a broken window blind becomes a Hot wheels ramp....don't ask. Really. Creative minds indeed.
But apparently kids aren't the only ones who do this. You and I do too. Okay, so maybe you don't. I don't know. But I do. Let me demonstrate.
Surely you all have seen this little ditty. Maybe you have one in your home. I do.
Officially it is known as a potato smasher. I guess you take the cooked potatoes and smash them with it. Doesn't look too hard to me. Our potato smasher is called a blender. I'm less about using my own strength and more about pushing a button that can do the job for me. And a better one at that.
Call me lazy. I call it smart.
Then why, you may ask, do I have one of these in my bulging, ever-so messy doo-hicky kitchen drawer? Because I use it. A lot. On a weekly basis, which is more than I can say for about half of those snarfblats in the doo-hickey drawer.
Just not for potatoes.
I use it to make orange juice. It is perfect. You put in the orange juice concentrate. Add one can of hot/warm water. Let it sit for a minute. Then bring in the orange juice smasher. Smoosh away. It works great. In seconds there is no more concentrate. Add the rest of the water and voila, orange juice.
I'm sure the person who invented the potato smasher is looking down on me with a....grin? I'm not saying that in it's day it wasn't a great potato smasher. I am sure it was. Just like this...
...served it's purpose in its day. Its day is no longer. Thank heavens for that.
What do you use that smasher for...if at all? What toys do you misuse?


9 comments:
The basting brush is my kids favorite toy.
The basting brush is my kids favorite toy.
We use the smasher/masher to make waffles in playdough.
I was a pampered chef addict for a while. I have a "scraper" that you use to scrape all the cut veggies from the cutting board into the pan.
I have used it for... squigie-ing the shower, flattening the toothpaste tube, applying wall paper border, removing wallpaper backing, applyng contact paper...
...and oh yeah, after alot of cleaning, scraping veggies.
I also use the masher for orange juice. And I have a meat mallet that gets used as a hammer more than the actual hammer does.
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I use it for...potato smashing.
;)
PS. I like your style, though!
I'm not nearly as creative as you are in the kitchen... But I do use toothbrushes to clean out my washing machine. Not nearly as fun or cool as the potato masher.
Dana
I also use the potato masher to mae rozenfrui juice. We are so brilliant! ;)
I use the egg slicer to slice strawberries and olives...but not at the same time.
You are awesome! That's quite an interesting way of making orange juice. I'm too lazy to make much of anything on my own so most of the stuff I do make goes through the blender first. I don't have one of those potato masher things either. In fact, now that I think of it, I don't have many interesting kitchen gadgetry. I keep the cooking as simple as possible because it gives me less things to wash :)
Post a Comment