Thursday, September 22, 2011

TGIF: Take two but not take-out

I was hiding. Last Friday. When I was supposed to be here. Accounting for my week.

Does that tell you how I did?

Yeah. Sigh......

But, it is a new week. And here I am.

My goal to eliminate this week is eating out. I have a problem with this because I am not a planner. I tend to start dinner without enough time to finish it before I have to leave. Yes, I know. Not so smart. So then I go to work hungry. And so I buy whatever crap is around here.

That has to stop for two reasons. First, the cost adds up. I am not even kidding. Then I feel sick about wasting that money on crap. Secondly, my hips are a little more hippy than I like. And crappy food is attracted to hippies.

No eating out this week!

Now for the Increase. Kinda. I have a morning routine. In theory that is. There are 4 things that I need to do every morning. If I don't do these things, I feel bad. The four things are: exercise, scripture reading, shower, and the dishes. If any of those things don't get done, then I tend to berate myself. Not good.

For the past month, I haven't been able to get back into that schedule. I have let things interfere with those precious 2 hours. No more. I need those things to feel successful as a person, as a mother, and as a me. I am taking those two hours back. Starting now. Well, not now now. But tomorrow now.

In short, I'm taking two hours back but not take-out. 

3 comments:

Bastian Family said...

good luck with that! We need to quit eating out too!

Susan Anderson said...

I have a hard time with the eating out, too.

And I am rededicating myself to keeping a better spiritual regimen. It makes such a difference in how my days go.

=)

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I am so with you on the not planning and then poor eating. I'm still sugar free, but not eating enough veggies and fruit. Oh and I forgot to mention last post how amazing the piano workshop sounds. good for you!
Dana