Friday, September 9, 2011

TGIF: Eliminate and increase

Chocolate and water. Two things my body needs to survive.

Yeah, well, not anymore.

I have decided to go about this weight loss/lifestyle change in two ways: eliminate and increase.Eliminate the bad. Increase the good, both physically and emotionally.

Physically, I have allowed my body to become addicted to lots of things. Food, chocolate, sugar, caffeine. I want to be free from their little voices, calling to me at all hours of the day. I believe that if I eliminate them, one at a time, then I will be able to free myself from their ever increasing calories that have taken up residency on my once small hips.

Having said that, their voice has to be replaced by another voice. I have chosen to let God's as the replacement voice. You see, in the past when I have tried to lose weight I do good for a while. Then I mess up. It's an addiction. Mistakes are bound to happen.

Then my mean voice enters my head and starts beating me down. "You are so weak. And fat. See, you can't do it. You can't even make it a week. You should just eat the whole bag of crap because you already failed." Do you hear that mean voice in your head too? Not this time. I am going to fill my mind with good scriptures that will only build me up and give me the strength the withstand temptation. And prayer. Lots of it. 

I am also going to drop chocolate out of my diet this week. Just in time for all that dang Halloween candy. This is my biggest addiction. I can't go into a store and not buy it. Even if I have told myself I am not going to buy it this time. Then I hide it so Hubs won't know I bought it and so that I don't have to share.

It's a problem. It's called addiction.

I am also going to make sure that I get all my water in. How ever much that is. 5 gallons? Something like that.

How about you? What are you going to work on this week?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be easier to wait until after Halloween. My Halloween food addiction is mellow pumpkins. I really love them.

jsturner1 said...

I am going to pick up all the chocolate that you leave behind. Is that a good goal??? No? Well, then I gues I better start thinking.

Juli said...

A friend of mine bought rice crispy treats, chocolate ones, to give out for halloween. That way if they were left in her house, they were only 90 cal. each.

Another in our neighboorhood gives out capri sun juice boxes, ice cold. It's the perfect treat for trick or treat madness in our neighborhood. :)

With work slowing down, I'm going to take this time to get a hold of finances.... by the time i get that done, work is bound to pick up again.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

girl were you in the shower with me this morning? i had this exact discussion with myself.

i thought if i would just cut my servings in half I might have a fighting chance....and cookies...really do i need them? nuff said. ive got ur back...got mine?

Susan Anderson said...

I'm working on the same thing, and my green smoothies are really helping me!

Good luck with the changes you are trying to make. I know it ain't easy.

=)

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the chocolate addiction. It's so addictive and evil because it tastes so good. But I don't think I can cut it out cold turkey because it will just make me crave for it a lot. I'm going to try to reduce the amount consumed this week and then from there, work towards eating less chocolate. :) I can't cut it out completely though. Might as well just cut an arm off :)

Definitely going to increase water intake though!

Oh and my trick for not buying chocolate when I make trips to the store? I carry less cash on me and leave the credit card at home. That way, I buy what is necessary and won't be tempted to sneak in that chocolate :)

The Crazy Coxes said...

I hope you are successful!! You can do it! This week, I am going to work on getting my parents house ready for their return. They were in Italy for 8 months and they have been in Chicago for the last 4 months but they come home this weekend.

Unknown said...

I am impressed. What a good way to replace bad for good. You are inspiring me.

Except maybe not on ALL chocolate. ;)

Bastian Family said...

How are things going?