Alright. I need some serious help.
No, literally.
I have never been a Scrabble player. I have never claimed to like the game. We've talked about my limited vocabulary. Now imagine me having to spell words I don't use...just don't. It's not pretty.
Then my friend mentioned that she plays "Words With Friends"...and I became curious. So I bought the app. And guess what. It's kinda fun.
Don't get me wrong. I am not good. No, really. I am not. Every once in a while I will get lucky and get 23 points. But I have not won a game yet. The first game she went easy on me. The second game....not so much.
I have been playing with strangers, hoping to gain an edge.
It's not helping.
My "Game Over" board is full of "Blahdy-Blah-Blah beat you." and "Hippity Hop beat you." and "Even My Neighbor's Dog beat you."
Will playing this game make me smarter? Will I ever really use these words that I am googling, which may or may not be cheating. I don't want to know.
Have you ever used the word Qi? or Yeuky? or Oxim?
Yeah, me either. But it is fun.
Wanna play?
Linking up with ABC Thursday. The letter is Q. Google it.
13 comments:
I love Scrabble and occasionally play it on line with my daughter who is a Scrabble queen! She is amazing, and beats me every time!!
I like Scrabble. I play with my son. I also love Boggle, but find it harder to persuade people to play that with me.
Sorry!!!! It's just that my sisters kill me at that game. Jeff and I play too and he can manage to get words worth 100+ points!!!! Don't worry, everyone beats me eventually. I never seem to learn strategy. And looking up words???? Shame on you!
My sister learned all the odd little words. It was always a challenge to try to beat her.
Q? I googled it to see . . .
isn't it X this week? Am I really dumb? Explain, please.:)
My sister is WAY into this game. As for me, I'm afraid that if I start playing I will never stop.
=)
i refuse to get that game...my vocab consists of toddler language...hello i don't need to be made to feel worse in the lingo dept than i already am. but i am dying to give the game a go...for now i'm fine w/ "pee pee poo poo ...yes, no, sit down...lily,don't ride your brother"...as part of my vocab right now
I have used Qi before & if you set it up just right you can blow the other person out of the water. Btw there is an application to help you cheat, you put in the letters that you have & the options you have to play off of & the application figures it out for you. I have to use it against my husband...
I am resisiting the urge to play.
I know when it starts there'll be no going back.
My kids all play Words with Friens. I do not. I am a decent Scrabble player. But I know that once I started, I would never quit. So I will continue to practice restraint.
My vocabulary is quite limited to the simple words (and sometimes made up) so I avoid games like those. One of my teacher friends asked me to play Word With Friends with her but I declined after hearing how she owned every other teacher in the school. I'm not going to pick a fight with someone if I know I'm going to lose :) Though if you want to win a game, let me know and I'll play you :)
lets play!! coriwhitie...is my user name
I think your neighbors dog could probably beat ME at scrabble.
Sad, but true!
Isn't Qi a word?
No wonder I get strange looks when I use it!
Cute link!
Thanks for participating.
A+
Post a Comment