Monday, September 26, 2011

Can you tell me...

Are there really people out there who never eat in their cars?

Have you ever eaten a crayon?

Do you know how to get red ink out of middle schooler's khaki shorts? and shirts? and well...everything in that load for that matter?

Have you ever forgotten to check if all toilets are flushed before you head out of town for the weekend? Don't. 

Is killing a butterfly really worse than killing a roach? Life is life...right?

Did you get the memo that every Monday is "I hate school Monday?"

What shows are you looking forward to this season?

When do you find time to watch tv?

All I can think of today is questions. I am hoping you have answers.

Ready. Go!

10 comments:

Juli said...

Are there really people out there who never eat in their cars?

Yes. I don't know any of them.

Have you ever eaten a crayon?

No. And especially not in my car.

Do you know how to get red ink out of middle schooler's khaki shorts? and shirts? and well...everything in that load for that matter?

No. Can you tell me how to get out chap stick?

Have you ever forgotten to check if all toilets are flushed before you head out of town for the weekend? Don't.

Um. No. We have one toliet. I am the last to use it to ensure this is never an issue.

Is killing a butterfly really worse than killing a roach? Life is life...right?

It is. But butterlies look prettier on the bottom of your shoe.

Did you get the memo that every Monday is "I hate school Monday?"

Yes. My kids wrote it.

What shows are you looking forward to this season?

Sister Wives. I am completely obcessed, and disturbed, and think it's brillant. I just can't look away.

When do you find time to watch tv?

The better question here is when do I sleep. Which, if I could, would interrupt my TV time.

Unknown said...

red ink comes out with hairspray.. and chapstick is even easier a paper bag over the grease spot and a hot iron pulls it right into the bag..rest of them I haven't a clue

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Looking forward to a little Mad men therapy. It's so darn trampy but doesn't feel like it because it's retro trampy : ) And I can be all superior and say stuff like, were things really like that back then? Oh my.

Sorry on the red ink, and toilet tip well taken. Tough one about the butterfly. That might keep me awake at night.

Fun post!

Dana

Diane said...

I don't have any answers better than Julianna's!

Except that I would be crushed for weeks if I accidentally killed a beautiful butterfly. There is just no comparing butterflies to roaches in my book. I have some serious arachnophobia but for some reason writing spiders don't freak me out. I just asked my husband the other day why I'm so terrified of the giant wolf spiders in the garage but why the writing spiders living in their pretty webs on the deck don't bother me so much and he said it's because it is in our human nature to be biased toward pretty things. I think he may be right. Or maybe it just has to do with Charlotte's Web. Hmm...

Kiddothings said...

We actually bought a car from someone who had a no-eating rule for his car, which was actually part of the reason why we bought the car because it was in such good condition. However we broke the rule since we bought it. Have not eaten a crayon but daughter has. I'd rather kill a cockroach than a butterfly.

Susan Anderson said...

I eat in my car.
I've tasted a crayon.
I'm driven to flush.
Killing a butterfly is infinitely worse.
Mondays are in a class by themselves.
X Factor.
Late at nght on the DVR.

Jenny said...

Wow. I need to read this again after I've had some caffeine!

Good early, early morning anyway!

From she with no answers.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Hmmm.....I certainly don't have all the answers. I would try Goo Gone on the red ink. I know that sounds crazy, but I've used it on a lot of laundry problems and it works.

Ninny said...

No, I have never eaten a crayon. Have you?

Shows- Biggest loser and the office. Everything else I do not have time for.

Unknown said...

I use to eat out of my car but I also know people who never did and would never allow anyone else to do so. Their car was their precious. To eat in it meant that you'll dirty it (smell included) so they never allow it.

I've never eaten a crayon but I have this very vivid memory from 3rd grade when one of the boys took me to one of the bookshelves and offered me a bite of his crayon. It was so gross that I have it ingrained in my head.

Given how we only have one toilet in this apartment, it's not that hard to remember to flush :)

See, my reason for killing roaches and not butterflies is because roaches can carry diseases and germs and they multiply just as quickly as rats can. Plus they are ugly and they look dirty and they leave their roach feces everywhere causing people to get sick and stuff. At least butterflies are colorful and they pollinate flowers.

I didn't get that memo....at least not yet.

Sigh, tv shows....how I miss American tv shows. Of course, I look forward to watching the new season of The Mentalist online somewhere (as long as someone shares it)

When I work at home, I have the tv on. It spooks me a little to have complete silence in the apartment. Plus then I can take a lot of breaks :)

Hope that satiates your question hunger!