Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Whirlwind

A lot can happen in two weeks.

Wet dish towels can begin to stink and grow things. Don't ask how I know this...I just do.
A person can gain a few (5) pounds. Again, don't ask.
A government can be overthrown. Egypt.
A couple can meet, date and become engaged.

Yes. That can happen. It happened to me and Hubs.

Let me start by saying, Hubs and I first met while we were both missionaries for our church. We served in the same area and were both serving among the Deaf so we got to know each other. On a totally platonic level. We served together for 4 months. So technically I knew him before our second meeting.

I had learned a lot about him on the mission.

He was a hard worker. One of the best missionaries I had met. He was strong in his faith, meaning he truly believed what he taught and lived what he believed. . He was always so positive and fun. Just an all around great guy. We were friends.

Hubs went home to his family. Two months later I went home and headed off to BYU. About five months later, he arrived in Provo searching for a wife.

He found me.

He showed up at my apartment on Mother's Day. I hadn't seen him for 6 months so it was nice to chat for a bit and see how he was doing. I would be lying if I told you I didn't get butterflies. On the mission I didn't really pay attention to how cute he was. But on this day, you can bet I was looking.

We got together the next day to hike "Y" mountain. It was a lot of fun. He says on that day he knew he was going to marry me. Me, not so much. But we hung out almost every day after that.

I didn't really know that he liked me. He was a new deafie in the area. He knew me. I knew him. I could sign. I just figured I was his hangout. I liked him, no doubt, but I didn't know if he felt the same. Then one night he told me of his intentions. I liked those intentions.

Two weeks later we were engaged. Two months later we were married. 12 1/2 years later we are still together and loving it!

Some people call it a whirlwind. Some call it a love story. I call it us.

A lot can happen in two weeks.


Linking up with Jen Matlock and Mama Kat! Check 'em out.

19 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

What a sweet story!

Kerri said...

I loved reading about the two of you...thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a great love story and proof how God has a time for every person to be in our lives..

Diane said...

Aww. I just love hearing "how we met" stories!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful whirlwind tale! What smart man!

Theresa Plas said...

Great Post! I love happy endings!

Ames said...

Very sweet!~Ames

LeadingMama said...

Love your love story! Stopping by from Mama Kats!

Susan Anderson said...

I love a good love story.

(And yours definitely qualifies!)

=)

Mary said...

Love that story! CH & I were married after knowing each other for 8 months. And, we're still going strong after 26 years!

Ingrid said...

My love story must have been a Hurrican then. We met, lived together for a year got married and still are since 42 years, lol !

Patrice said...

Wow - ya gotta luv a whirlwind like that!

Juli said...

Awe. I love this!

Judie said...

What a nice love story! Congratulations on your "whirlwind!"

Pat said...

The best kind of whirlwind...wishing you continuing happy whirlwinds!

Lisa said...

I love it! I almost lived it~4 weeks, instead of 2. But I'm almost double your marriage~22 years. Awesome how a whirlwind can leave such a wake of chaos and greatness! Loved the story.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love it,

enjoyed your word play.
what a divine whirlwind/love story.

Jess & Jessica said...

I love that story! That is so cute. Way to go, Bry!!!

Jenny said...

Stef, I love this story...start to finish. This would look neat actually framed on wall.

Such wonderful proof that there is no timeline to true love!

I'm glad you found your soulmate.

Thanks for sharing this tender link with us this week on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "W".

A+