I also knew he is worth every single one.
But what I didn't know was that there were some hidden benefits. Perks, if you will.
Like discount skiing. In Utah, when we would go skiing, Hubs could get our all day tickets for $15. Sweet deal, if you love to ski. I don't, remember. But he does, and cheaper is always better.
Front row seating. We may have to fight for an interpreter, but once we have that, we usually get front row seating. Church, seminars, conferences, performances, etc. It's almost like we are V.I.P.'s. What am I saying? We are VIP's, only not everyone knows it.
I could list more, but then I wouldn't have any more installments for this series and half my followers would leave. You wouldn't really leave me, would you? Don't answer that.
This past week I learned of yet another bonus from being married to a Deaf man:
The Golden Ticket.
Okay, technically it is called a Golden Pass, but it sure feels like a Golden Ticket.
As many of you know, this last week was our Spring Break and we went to a few places in our state that were pretty amazing. Some of which were national monuments.
Me, being the planner that I am
"No problem," Hubs says. He reaches into his pocket and pulls it out. The Golden Pass. He hands it over to the ranger, who smiles and waves us on.
We paid nothing. Nada. Zilch. Golden indeed.
This happened not once but twice. I forget the money. He pulls out the ticket.Voila!
Apparently the government issues these Golden Passes to individuals who have a permanent disability. Why? I don't know. Maybe they feel that people with disabilities aren't able to entirely enjoy these places as much as a person without a disability? I can see that. More so if they are blind or in a wheelchair.
Not so much if you are Deaf. I don't know of many national monuments you can visit that require you to hear to fully enjoy it. But whatever.
We'll take the Golden Ticket whenever we can.
Do you think forgetfulness is a permanent disability?
5 comments:
Forgetfulness caused by parenthood is most definately a disability!
I always tell David he won the lottery when he married me...looks like you really did!
Perk! :)
Use everything the government gives you... lord knows they're taking enough. :)
Forgetfullness... I'd qualify for a lifetime pass... and Almost Hubs would qualify well into the afterlife.
I never knew that about the government.
Perks aplenty!
(kinda neat)
=)
Yes, I agree. Forgetfulness should definitely be counted as a disability :)
Sounds like you have some nice perks though :)
Post a Comment