Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The sky? Falling?

A giant meteor is headed toward Earth. What do you do with the last day of your life?

 I will tell you what I won't be doing:

I will not be making my bed. Just like every other day. Don't judge. Not a good idea, seeing as you are probably going to be meeting your maker in the pretend tomorrow too. Nope, no bed making.

I will not be sending my kids to school. And I will not be calling the school...on second thought, I may. "Yes, my three children will not be coming into school seeing as it is their last day on Earth. Please excuse their absence."

You can bet I will not be cleaning my house. That would just be a waste of time. Especially with the kids around. Plus, there's no telling the damage that a meteor can do to my vacuum job, so why even try?

I will not be throwing one to five loads of laundry in the wash...for obvious reasons. Who cares if you are wearing dirty underwear? I mean, really. And what are people doing looking in other people's underwear in the first place. That's just weird.

There will be no grocery shopping. I hate doing that in the first place. I hate doing that in the second place. I hate doing it in any place, actually. Why, then, would I do it on my last day on earth? I don't care if they are giving food away for free. So not going there.

I will not worry about finishing this book or that one because no ending could be as good and as interesting as my ending is going to be.

 I will be:

Waking up early so I can hang out with Hubs. Without interruption. I can't imagine any other person I would rather be with. He is pretty amazing. Good thing I believe in eternity.

Playing with my kids. Really playing. I'm talking get down in the mud with them. Literally. Make the best tent ever!! Wii games. All day. Talking, reading, praying, playing. Hugging, kissing, tickling. Expressing love in every language possible.

I will probably send a prayer or two to the heavens to let us die with as little pain as possible and let my kids die first. I don't want them to have to know what life is like without me. That would be horrible. Life without me. Not having someone to take care of you and to tell you all will be okay.

I will probably read a scripture or two. Not to try and prove that I am worthy, but rather for peace and comfort and understanding.

Could this really happen? A meteor falling to the earth? Yes. Do I think it will happen? No. But time is precious and fleeting. We should grab each moment and focus our time on those things that are most important.

Live each day like it was the last.

Except you probably should wear clean underwear.

I'm just saying.

What would you do?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would be setting aside the same things you would! Great post!

Diane said...

Definitely NOT going grocery shopping either which I, unfortunantely, have to do today so hopefully, today is not it!

Seriously though, I think I'd do many of those same things. Great advice!

Jenny said...

You probably won't be able to make your bed BECAUSE YOU'LL BE TOO BUSY LYING ON IT.

mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I would actually share my chocolate... in an effort to be forgiven for all the times I didn't share.

Great post!

Susan Anderson said...

This is a really neat post and one that makes me think.

If a meteor were falling, and we had enough warning, I hope all of my kids would be headed home so we could see this world out together.

(I think they would.)

=)

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Now I'm going to be worrying about meterites and clean underwear for the rest of the day.... I would eat a lot of ice cream. I think that might on the top of my list. And we would have a big brownie making session to go with the ice cream, along with whip cream of course.... umm... can you tell I'm off sugar?
Dana

CB said...

I think I would also be doing and not doing the same things as you but also adding a huge COKE to the mix!

It is a weird thing to think about but my train of thought has run that direction also with all the turmoil and earthquakes, etc...happening in the world.

Juli said...

Wear clean undies. Yup that's what I'd do.

And stock up on Peeps.

Because if I do survive, Peeps and twinkies will be the only sustainable food left.

Sandra said...

You say "I will NOT be making my bed" like that's a bad thing :)
Great post idea!

Teachinfourth said...

Probably eat an entire meal with bacon.