I learned by watching. Watching my sister. All six of them. Watching my roomates. Not stalking...just watching.
No-one ever really taught me how to do it right.
But, I think I do an okay job. I don't wear it all the time. Always to work. Always to church. And a few times in between. I don't think I go overboard on any one product. At least I hope I don't. (Local people, back me up here). I don't want to be one of those people who just can't get it right.
Like the gal at our local grocery store who sometimes sacks my groceries. She is having a love affair with blush in a big way. Not the powder kind. The kind that my mom used to use. The type that is the same consistancy at lipstick. She really, really likes her blush.
Or the lady I saw on t.v. the other day who was addicted to wearing makeup. She wore make-up 23 hours a day, only taking it off when she showered. She was actually considering tattooing green eyeliner on her eyes. She looked stuck in the 80's. What a sad place to be stuck... at least on the face.
I don't think I am any of those people. Hubs has never mentioned anything. My friends have never acted embarrased to be seen with me. In fact they invite me places.
But kids, they never lie.
The other day I had just put on my makeup. I was holding my little Brig and my oldest walks up to me and says, "Your eyes look black."
"Do they really?" I asked, a little panicked.
"Yeah, you look like Ozzy Ozborne."
And there, my friends, is apparently where I get my inspiration. Don't ask me how my son knows who Ozzy Osborne is and what he looks like.
Note to self: Never trust a child who has been told he cannot play his favorite Wii game just moments before he unloads his ever flattering compliments.
ALL ABOARD!!!!!!

4 comments:
My boys aren't the best at dishing out compliments either...sounds exactly like something one of them would say to me.
I actually know a couple of people who have had their eyeliner tattooed on. I don't even know what to say about that. It's just...wrong!
I know that lady at the grocery store! She's the best. And seriously? 23 hours? Is her shower an hour long??? I think your make up looks perfect, esp since I can't even tell you're wearing it, which I believe is the point right???
That's so funny! Aaron and I were just talking about that lady at the grocery store last night! Actually, I was informing him, since he rarely does the grocery shopping, but pretty much the same thing. I'm also in love with her blue eyeshadow.
Still working on that one...
Post a Comment