Hubs found me a workout plan that blends P90X and Insanity. It is the ultimate, tone you and burn you and make you walk like an idiot plan. Intense, to say the least.
Plus, I have been going to Zumba every Wednesday for 6 months now. That is some serious butt kicking, right there.
Then why I have gained 25 pounds around my hips. It comes and goes. But lately it comes to me with arms wide open saying, "Hold me."
This extra 25 pounds has a name.
Briggy.
He has always been such an independent child. Okay, so he is only two. But it seems like all of a sudden, my child who could be entertained by himself and others, only has eyes for me.
I should be loving it, seeing that he is our last one. Our caboose. Our grand finale. And I do. I really do. Most of the time.
But lately his favorite time to latch on and not let go seems to happen between 4-5:30 every night. You know, right when I am helping with homework and cooking dinner and getting the last load of laundry dried and folded and getting ready for work and, and, and....
"Hold me!" he cries.
In the moment, it takes all that is in me to take a deep breath and remember that someday, this extra weight will be gone and he will no longer want me to hold him, and tickle him, and kiss him all over his cute little face. Nope, this weight will come off way to soon for me.
So, step aside, Tony Horton. Shaun T, take a seat. This is 25 pound that I wish to keep, right here on my hips, for as long as he will let me!
Bring it!
9 comments:
You're right: this is just a moment in his life that will be gone way too soon! I know it's frustrating, but hold him close and enjoy every second!
Yes, hold on as tight as you can! I so miss that age...but when you're living it, it feels like it will be that way forever.
Insanity AND P90...you go girl!
You will definitely miss it. I know. My baby will be 8 this year.
Isn't zumba great? I go every Thursday. Love it!
I so want to get Zumba for the Wii.. but it is 40 bucks I don't have right now.. sighs.. My 11 yr old is still a hugger, he hugs everyone.. and I dread the day he just stops doing that.
So sweet!
I'm babysitting my darling 2-year old nephew today and loving it! But I find I do not miss that age AT ALL!
amen sister
I remember going through a stage like that at about the same time. All I wanted to do was hang on and hug my mother, and I would grab her around the legs and just put all my weight on her.
When she told me to quit "hanging" on her, it hurt my feelings a bit. Then I got the gist of hugging without hanging.
It probably saved her back! But I can still remember how good it felt to just hang there, feeling completely taken care of for a few moments.
=)
ahhh, the best kind of baby weight. :)
carter seems to be doing this as well. except he says "hoch you". it's pretty cute.
Post a Comment