Bathrooms, the most looked forward chore of the week.
What? You don't love cleaning the toothpaste that has cemented itself onto the counter? What do they put in that stuff? Super glue? My favorite is the line of blue spit in the sink. Lovely. I don't understand why my kids can't just swipe it off with a Lysol wipe. I guess they know how much I like to do it at the end of the week.
They are very considerate children.
And the toilets. I dream about them. It's called a nightmare. I now have 4 male contributors in my home. And boy do they contribute. Three words. Target. Practice. Fail.
But the most hated bathroom chore for me?
Bathtubs.
First, I have to remove half the toys that we own from the darn thing. Then rinse the whole tub with a large cup because I don't have a removable shower head. Squirt soft scrub all over, making sure to squirtt it into places that I will miss until days later, at which point it will be crusted on, because it is made of the same stuff as the blue toothpaste.
In previous years, I would have to get into the tub to wash the walls. But I have since bought a really nifty scrubber with an extend-able handle. After getting my weekly arm work out, I then get on my hands and knees and scrub. I am always amazed at the ring of dirt that my children can produce in a week's time.
Onto the facet, knobs, plugs and metal handle. Do those things EVER shine? I mean really really shine? I have tried everything. But those dried drops still linger. Grrrr. Who cares. I'm done.
There is nothing like a clean bathroom.
So you can imagine my chagrin when the day after my scrub-a-dub-dubbing I'm bathing my babes in the tub and he starts to freak out. Why in the world would he be....grrrrr!!
Number two. In the tub.
In the nicely scrubbed, shined, squeaky clean tub. Really?
That hasn't happened since two babies ago.
The baby cried. I cried like a baby. Breath in. Breath out.
Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
6 comments:
Oh, I feel your pain. Just cleaned my boys' bathroom Saturday and it already needs it again. And why, for the love of Pete, can they not get all of it inside the toilet? Nothing I love more than cleaning up dried pee off the floor! Yuck!
Reading this put me in a cold sweat.
Flashbacks.
Mother of three boys.
(now men)
But the memories linger on...
;)
My dream is to someday have my own bathroom. One that is clean and does not have pee all over the floor.
My men? Also Epic Failures at Target Practice. :(
Oh the good ole days!
I grew up with three boys and when it was my turn to clean it, I would not let any of them use it until I did. It was the ONLY time I could sit on the toilet seat!
Yep, yep and YEP!
Ryan and Tyler each clean one bathroom every week. Maybe not the way I would do it, but I was killing myself trying to keep up with it.
LOVE IT!!! That blog post is so true. I laughed so hard. :) Thank you for sharing. I currently have a backed up poopy toilet (probably with a toy lodged in there somewhere) waiting for me to clean. Can we say GROSS!!!
Post a Comment