Saturday, January 11, 2025

At it again...

Guys!

It's been years. 

Many years. 

As in 14 years. 

Fourteen years since I have had to potty train.

Probably my most dreaded responsibility as a parent. 

It requires attention.

It requires consistency.

It requires patience. 

But mostly it requires cleaning up messes. 

Not the dust and dirt kind of messes.

Nope, we are talking about the gross kind.

I remember shouting for joy when my last child graduated from this stage. 

Long. Loud. From the rooftops I cheered. 

But....

I have to do it again

Not with a baby. 

Nope.

We are all done in that department. 

100%. No doubt about that. 

I will leave that to my children and their parenting adventures. 

And messes. 

The gross kind.

BUT....

We have decided to get a puppy. 

Which is exciting. 

And fun. 

And overwhelming. 

A 2-month-old puppy. 

The untrained kind. 

I have to train a puppy. 

And I am woefully inexperienced. 

I know how to train humans. 

Been there. Done that.

But non-humans?

I'm scared

Very scared. 


No comments: