I didn't marry a dead man.
He is deaF! Not dead.
Why would a rational person think that a sane person, like me, would marry someone without a pulse. I mean, can you imagine if I had...you know...actually married someone who had passed...onto the other side?
The conversations would be so one-sided. And he would never laugh at my jokes. He would never help me fold laundry or do the dishes. Plus, who would take me out on dates and tell me I was pretty?
In short marrying a dead guy would cramp my style. No fun at all. Morbid.
Lucky for me, I didn't do that. I married a living, breathing, rather handsome man. So for the life of me, I can't figure out why people keep asking me, "So, your husband is Death?" What would make them think that?
Maybe they know something I don't know. Maybe he has some secret plan to take me out while I am sleeping and they are trying to warn me. "So, you are married to Death?...(wink wink)" Good thing I don't sleep much.
Maybe Hubs gives off some sort of dark vibe. You know, underneath that ever-present smile of his...and if you know him, you know that it really is always there...lies something sinister. I'm just not seeing it. Maybe love really is blind.
But my guess would be that they don't realize that Deaf and Death do not mean the same thing. Death means no life. Deaf means no hearing. Yes, I know they sound a lot alike, but if people would actually take a minute to think about what they were saying, I am sure they would get it right.
Nope, he never went to a school for the dead. He doesn't hang out with other death people. And I wouldn't know what it is like to be married to a death man.
He's Deaf, not dead.
9 comments:
I had to laugh at this one. It has always been a pet peeve of mine when people say "death" instead of "deaf."
Not too bright.
=)
Me too,me too...huge pet peeve! Oh this should be published...just too funny!
I cannot think of another blogger who makes me laugh like you do! I also cannot wait for you to write the book "So I Married A Deaf Man..." so that I can stand in line to get the first copy! ; )
This was such a fun read!
Maybe they figure you're getting a jump on the whole zombie apocalypse thing...
Oh my- this is so funny! I just stumbled on your blog because of the comment you left on Anna's (and I really appreciate/agree with your thoughts on that). And I just had to say thanks for the laugh!
I love reading your blog!
As an interpreter, I often interpret for the deaTH and so I tell these (speech impaired) hearing people that I am PSYCHIC and that I can speak to and see DEAD People... I will tell them that I see their dead speech therapist very upset hovering around them because they don't know the difference between TH and F... It works everytime!
i don't know..mine seems pretty dead to me...i've asked him the same question 10 times and he keeps ignoring me....gonna feel for a pulse
Post a Comment